Detoxification is about resting, cleansing, and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins and then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
Give your liver some love!
- Your liver is your number one detoxifying organ. It has over 500 functions!
- It produces bile (which helps us excrete toxins), regulates carbohydrate metabolism, assists in hormone breakdown, and detoxifies EVERYTHING!
There are 2 phases of liver detoxification:
Phase ONE: Toxins become water-soluble or ‘weak’ to allow for elimination through our kidneys.
Phase TWO: Elimination of toxins.
- Steps to maintaining good liver health:
- Ensure proper digestion and elimination.
- Avoid environmental toxins/stressors.
- Increase water and fiber intake.
- Avoid excessive alcohol, unhealthy saturated fats (fried food), and refined sugar.
- Ensure a healthy, clean diet and appropriate supplementation.
Creamy Carrot Miso Ginger Soup
Yield: 2 servings
As we learned when making ginger tea, ginger is a Detox Superfood. It reduces inflammation and supports immunity while also increasing the production of gastric juices, which can increase nutrient absorption. The more efficiently your digestive system is working, the more toxins it’s eliminating!
- 1½ teaspoons avocado oil or coconut oil
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups vegan protein broth
- 1½ teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free miso paste, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, divided
- Heat avocado or coconut oil in a large deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, and sauté until the onion begins to be translucent, 7 to 10 mins.
- Add broth and ginger.
- Cover and cook on low heat until carrots are tender when pierced, about 20 mins.
- When done, use an immersion blender or high-speed blender to blend until smooth.
- Divide into two portions – one portion in a bowl to serve immediately and one portion in a container for
- lunch tomorrow or for a friend
- Garnish with ½ teaspoon of sesame oil, green onions, and sesame seeds before consuming.
Understand the Stress of your Liver through Thermography
Thermography Sees Inflammation!
Inflammation not only is the natural healing process of the body but chronic. In time, chronic inflammation can cause blood sugar instabilities, Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and many auto-immune issues.
In our reports, we believe “Symptoms may not always present in the area where thermal patterns (inflammation) are observed these findings are often correlated to symptoms or complaints elsewhere in the body.”
Addressing inflammation/congestion through proper diet, lifestyle changes, exercise, detoxification, and supplementation is recommended. Addressing structural issues under the guidance of a structural therapist such as a massage therapist and/or osteopath is recommended. Chronic inflammation/congestion can prevent the body from healing and can weaken the immune system. Without addressing inflammation first, physical therapies and nutritional supplementation will not have the desired outcome and may cause further stress on the body.
We take the LIVER seriously
At Lisa’s Thermography and Wellness, we take Liver detoxification seriously. We advise the guidance of qualified – certified health care, in all health concerns. A qualified provider may assist in reducing inflammation and may help to improve digestion.
In most cases, Liver stress can be caused by a variety of factors including, poor diet, exposure to toxins, chronic stress and an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the gut amongst others. Poor liver function can contribute to conditions such as systemic inflammation, a weakened immune system, an inability for the body to heal, food sensitivities, nutritional deficiencies amongst others.
Eliminate the “bad guys!”
In order to detoxify effectively, we need to eliminate the foods that are “clogging” up our system. Remember, we detoxify every day! Every minute of every day our body is dealing with foreign invaders—from the air we breathe to the food we eat; from what we drink to the chemicals we encounter.
If we don’t eliminate the foods that cause the most stress on our system, how can we begin to eliminate toxic buildup and create a space for our cells to thrive?
Lymphatic drainage massage and dry brushing are advised. Supplements may help to promote a healthy bacterial balance in the digestive system. More-so may help to reduce inflammation.
Where to Start?
Let’s get started on the nutritional 10-Day Body Reset Detox
Exclusive to you from Lisa and Dana helping you achieve your 2020 goals in health.
Don’t forget to use the secret access code Lisa2020